I don't know about you... but on days like this, I yearn for the beach. I want to dig my feet into the sand, run barefoot on the wet sand, and let the waves wash over me. It's well into May. And, it's feeling more and more like summer every day.
Ah, so... Imagine: sand, sea, sun and a light breeze. And, while you're at it, dig out a book of fiction or poetry. The seas have inspired so many tales, legends, and poems--all about mermaids/men, magical lands beneath the waves, ocean voyages, and seaside adventures. Dream the sea and walking along the shore, as you read these famous lines...
- The Odyssey - Homer
- Sea Dreams - Lord Alfred Tennyson
- The Little Mermaid - Hans Christian Anderson
- As I Ebb'd with the Ocean of Life - Walt Whitman
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- The Welsh Fairy Book - W. Jenkyn Thomas
- By the Sea - Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The City in the Sea - Edgar Allan Poe
- Dover Beach - Matthew Arnold
- The People of the Sea
- Sea Literature
"Why does the sea moan evermore?" We all yearn for something, and the sea seems to speak for us...