When things look the bleakest, it's sometimes easier to see the things in my life for which I am the most thankful. There is so much...
What are you thankful for? How do you celebrate this time of year? Do you read? Tell stories, and imagine? What do you say about Thanksgiving?
Read more quotes of Thanksgiving:
- "Got no check books, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks - I got the sun in the mornin' and the moon at night."
-- Irving Berlin
- "Once, when my feet were bare, and I had not the means of obtaining shoes I came to the chief of Kufah in a state of much dejection, and saw there a man who had no feet. I returned thanks to God and acknowledged his mercies, and endured my want of shoes with patience."
-- Sadi, The Gulistan
- "The pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts ... nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving."
-- H.W. Westermayer
- "Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving."
-- W.T. Purkiser
- "I do not think of all the misery, but of the glory that remains. Go outside into the fields, nature and the sun, go out and seek happiness... Think of the beauty that again and again discharges itself within and without you and be happy."
-- Anne Frank
So, what are you reading? What are you doing? How are you celebrating, as Thanksgiving draws near?