is a famous epic poem by Virgil/Vergil. This heroic epic follow the story of Aeneas, Dido, and others. Here are a few questions for study and discussion.
- What are the conflicts in The Aeneid? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional)?
- How does Virgil reveal character in The Aeneid?
- What are some themes? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in The Aeneid? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- Is Aeneas consistent in his actions? Is he a fully developed character? How? Why?
- Does Aeneas change and/or develop as a human being?
- How does Aeneas relate to other characters?
- Do you find the characters likable? Are the characters persons you would want to meet?
- Does The Aeneid end the way you expected? How? Why?
- What is the central/primary purpose of this epic poem? Is the purpose important or meaningful?
- How does the past figure into The Aeneid?
- How essential is the setting to the story? Could it have taken place anywhere else?
- Would you recommend The Aeneid to a friend?