Alice in Wonderland
(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
) is a famous fantasy by Lewis Carroll. Here are a few questions for study and discussion.
- What is significant about the title?
- What are the conflicts in Alice in Wonderland? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional)?
- How does Lewis Carroll reveal character in Alice in Wonderland?
- What are some themes in the story? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in Alice in Wonderland? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- Is Alice consistent in her actions? Is she a fully developed character? How? Why?
- Does Alice change and/or develop as a human being?
- How does Alice relate to other characters in the book?
- Do you find the characters likable? Are the characters persons you would want to meet?
- Does the story end the way you expected? How? Why?
- What is the central/primary purpose of the story? Is the purpose important or meaningful?
- How does the past figure into the novel?
- How essential is the setting to the story? Could the story have taken place anywhere else?
- How does Carroll use poetry in this novel? Why?
- Would you recommend this novel to a friend?