Whether you're starting a book club or joining one, take a look at these rules and standards for behavior. Some of the rules may seem basic, or they may seem like common sense. But, we want to make sure that everyone is on the same page regarding what is acceptable behavior in a book club. Here are the Book Club Rules...
- The purpose of this book club is to read and enjoy literature! So, if you love books, and you're ready to discuss them... you're in the right place.
- You may find that you disagree with something that another member of the group has said.
- It is okay to disagree!
- Flaming and/or inappropriate behavior and/or language will not be tolerated.
- Please respect the authority of the moderator.
- Keep on topic, but feel free to introduce information that is relevant to the discussion (historical facts, bio details, book background, related authors or topics).
- If you cite copyrighted material, please appropriately reference your source(s). Also, please don't inappropriately post or distribute copyrighted material.
- All meetings will start on time.
- When you speak, please state your name.
- Some book clubs include food or beverages. Don't forget to bring your assigned (or volunteered) food or drink.