An autograph is a handwritten name, but how do you get your book signed. Here are a few ideas about how you get get your book signed by the writer. Read on.
Time Required: Varies
- Usually, the easiest way to get an autograph is at a book signing, but thats not always possible.
- First, find out if the author has a Web site, and see if he/she will be at any public signings and/or events.
- If you cant approach the author at a public event, approach the publisher.
- The publishers Web site usually lists a contact person (the publicists e-mail and/or phone number).
- Send a professional query to the publicist, requesting the publishers procedures on contacting the author.
- Depending on the publisher, the procedure for submitting an autograph request may already be on the Web site.
- As you can imagine, authors are likely to receive masses of mail (and e-mail), particularly if the author is popular. I've always found the publicists very helpful in getting my questions answered, etc.
What You Need