The Call of the Wild
is a famous book by Jack London. Here are a few questions for study and discussion.
- What is significant about the title?
- What are the conflicts in The Call of the Wild? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional)?
- How does Jack London reveal character in The Call of the Wild?
- What are some themes in the story? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in The Call of the Wild? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- Are the characters consistent in their actions? Which characters are fully developed? How? Why?
- How does Charles Darwin and Friedrich Nietzsche relate to The Call of the Wild?
- Do you find the characters likable? Would you want to meet or spend time with any of them?
- Does the novel end the way you expected? How? Why?
- What is the central/primary purpose of the story? Is the purpose important or meaningful?
- How essential is the setting? Could the novel have taken place anywhere else?
- Would you recommend this book to a friend?