is one of the greatest works by Bram Stoker
. Here are a few questions for study and discussion.
- What is important about the title of Dracula?
- What are the conflicts in Dracula? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional) are in the novel?
- How does Bram Stoker reveal character in Dracula?
- What are some themes in the novel? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in Dracula? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- Is Jonathan Harker consistent in his actions? Is he a fully developed character? How? Why? What about Count Dracula?
- How well does Jonathan Harker relate to the other characters in the novel?
- How does Bram Stoker portray women in Dracula?
- Do you find the characters likable? Are the characters persons you would want to meet?
- Does the story end the way you expected? How? Why?
- What is the central/primary purpose of the story? Is the purpose important or meaningful?
- Do you consider this novel a work of horror?
- How essential are the setting(s) to the story? Could the story have taken place anywhere else?
- What is the role of women in the text? How are mothers represented? What about single/independent women?
- Would you recommend this novel to a friend?