is a novel by Natalie Babbitt. The work is a fantasy centering around Winifred (Winnie) Foster and her discovery off the mysterious Tuck family. Here are a few questions for study and discussion.
- What is important about the title?
- What are the conflicts in Tuck Everlasting? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional) do you see in this story?
- How does Natalie Babbitt reveal character in Tuck Everlasting?
- What are some themes in the story? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in Tuck Everlasting? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- Is Winnie consistent in her actions? Is she a fully developed character? How? Why?
- Is Winnie a sympathetic character? What about the Tuck family?
- Do you find the characters likable? Would you want to meet the characters?
- Does the story end the way you expected? How? Why?
- What is the central/primary purpose of the story? Is the purpose important or meaningful?
- How effective is the novel as a fantasy, as it explores immortality?
- How essential is the setting to the story? Could the story have taken place anywhere else?
- What is the role of women in the text?
- Would you recommend this story to a friend?